Roadside Attractions

 I'm grounded

Housebound and in a boot and on crutches.  Not my plan but here I am so I am cleaning up some of the photos I've taken on our various road trips.  Here are some of my favourites. 

They aren't spectacular photos but they are representative of what one sees when driving out of the city

These plastic bags are an advertisement for cashews venders


market stalls along the road in villages
 

Everything is for sale: from brooms to kitchen sinks old shirts from North America hung along fences




Gas Stations are the same world wide

phone service stall where one can buy drinks and munchies too

Ahh, shade

Street Cleaner


But then there are the parks which are amazingly civilized and far beyond anything I have experienced in North America. Great food, beer and wine, playground for the kids, view of the ocean and lovely background music.  

Heavily loaded trucks, cars and vans are the norm
and so are the police who have outposts with radar and love to stop cars and extort fines









Comments

Popular Posts