Two Weeks

 My Cast Is Off

I am walking again. Still on crutches until the end of February but it is more to make sure that I do not limp. My foot is still sore, less so in the mornings and it aches at night.  Celebrated with a new pedicure. 

Still mostly walking at home and feeling unfulfilled that I've not been able to walk with Khi to the ice cream shop about 1km away from the house.  It was our favourite thing to do last year and we did it at least once a week.  

Its two week until I leave Mozambique.  I am sad to leave but so ready in other ways.  I really like the lifestyle here (mostly) and regret I haven't been able to experience more of it. I have appreciated the small things - like the garden 


Sierra has an amazing collection of Bromeliads 


this bloomed today




And, the most fun is my daily dose of Khi!


Yet, I am feeling a bit claustrophobic because I haven't been out of the house so am chomping at the bit to leave. And, leave taking is planned.


Oh yes, this orchid bloomed tied on to a papaya tree along with a bromeliad

First, all three of us are heading to Cape Town to visit our friend Marina for 5 days and then I start my trek home - first to NYC for a week and I'll arrive in Vancouver late on March 13.   

See you all back in North America. 

 



Comments

Popular Posts